Brave Browser (a web browser just like the likes of Chrome and others) had promised that its registered users shall be paid for viewing online ads. The promise was made during the Initial Coin Offering (ICO) and users are can now enjoy the benefits since the promise has now be actualized. According to an announcement made by Brave on 24th April 2019, the users shall start getting a share of the revenue coming from the ads.
So let’s look at what is in for the users:
- First of all, the program of sharing the revenue will only be available through the new MacOS, Windows and Linux Operating Systems upgrades.
- The ads will be opt-in ads and they will not replace the normal ads.
- Once a user clicks on a Brave Browser sponsored ad, they will be directed to a page containing more info about the particular ad related offer.
- Brave Browser is offering a 70 percent revenue sharing program and it is paid using the Basic Attention Token (BAT) directly to the user’s BAT wallet.
- Some of the suppliers who users should look out for BAT ads from include: MyCrypto, Home Chef, BuySellAds, ConsenSys, Vice, eToro, TAP Network, Ternio BlockCard, The Giving Block, Fluidity, Uphold and AirSwap.